Symbols are everywhere, and once you’ve discovered them (or they’ve been shown to you), it hard to ever look at an object, logo, etc. the same way ever again.
This is especially true in the advertising world, where designers are apt to tease the eye with hidden symbols. I can honestly say I’ve never noticed most of these before. Take a look at these 15 examples and prepare to be impressed.
1. Caps and bottle on the Christmas Coca-Cola’s white bear
2. Neptune was the inspiration for the USB symbol
3. The Hyundai Handshake
4. Binary numbers on the on/off button
This one is very cool. The logo on your computer is a “1” and “0” combination, just like the binary system. Awesome, right?
5. The golden ratio and the Apple logo
The famous Apple logo was designed on the principle of the golden ratio.
6. The bear on the Toblerone
7. The “31” in the Baskin-Robbins logo
8. The NBC peacock
The six colors of the peacock represent the six divisions NBC had when the logo was created.
9. The bite in the Apple
As mentioned earlier, it fits the golden ratio.
10. A kiss inside Hershey’s Kisses
11. The lifetime of cosmetic products
24M means 24 months. Clever, huh?
12. The sky and propeller in the BMW logo
BMW originally manufactured aircraft engines, so the blue represents the sky and the white symbolizes a moving propeller.
13. Two people and a bowl of dip in the Tostito’s logo
14. The Pin in the P
15. The Risque Lion King
Who knew? Probably not any of the kids watching…
h/t: Bright Side