Being an organ donor is a pretty noble thing that just about all of us can do, because you can save someone’s life even after you’re gone. Sadly, there are still so many folks out there who refuse to sign up because of all the misinformation there is out there.
First, organs are given on the basis of need, not greed. While it is true that people can go places in the world and purchase organs, that’s rare. And they definitely can’t do that in the United States. So if you decide to donate ANY organ, it’ll go to the next person on the list. Guaranteed.
Second, nobody is going to let you die because they want your organs. That would be completely illegal, and there’s no evidence this has ever happened when it comes to modern-day, organ donation programs. Especially those in first world countries. So if you believe this is happening, you’re probably a moron.
Alright, on to the secret reasons!
1. Another good point.
2. Right, but you won’t need them eventually…
3. Rich. People. Are. NOT. Profiting. From. This.
4. This is actually a good point.
5. Fair point, although this is bound to change eventually.
6. Good exception.
7. But do you really know for sure or are you just guessing?
8. This person just does not give AF!
9. No they won’t. That’s not how it works!
10. I can’t believe THIS many people actually believe this!
11. That’s not actually a bad reason, but it is very specific.
12. THEY. WILL. NOT. DO. THIS.
13. Ultimately it’s a very personal choice.
Of course it is completely okay to NOT donate your organs if you don’t want to. But if you’re doing it because you believe any of the myths out there… you’re wrong. And likely stupid.
Sorry, not sorry.