Completely changing your lifestyle can be very difficult, especially when it comes to quitting alcohol. Addiction is no joke, and it can be incredibly hard for some people to sober up. However, for a lot of people, it’s a change for the better that represents a new lease on life.
Here’s the proof.
1. “After A Decade Under The Influence And Not Taking Care Of Myself, I Am 3 Weeks Away From 1 Year Of Sobriety. 50 Lbs Lighter And A New Job Doing What I Am Passionate About. Life Is Much Better And I Definitely Enjoy It Now”
2. “1 Year Without Drinking”
3. “One Year Of No Alcohol Has Changed My Life. I Lost 53 Pounds And I’m 1000 Times Happier. I Tried To Recreate My Bloated Pic”
4. “Here Is What 826 Days Sober Looks Like. Left Is Me June 11th 2014, On The Right Is Me Today. Recovery Is Possible”
5. “10 Years. Sobriety. Good Support Network. And A Firm Dedication To Being The Superhero My Dog Thinks I Am”
6. “So Proud Of My Brother. Celebrated One Year Of Sobriety And Also Being One Person Lighter. Just Awesome”
7. “My Recovery Progress Makes Me Smile. 4+ Years Of Sobriety Transformation”
8. “I Gave Up Alcohol When My Daughter Turned 1. I’m 5 Years Sober Today”
9. “Left Is Me In The ICU From An Overdose. Decided I Was Sick And Tired Of Being Sick And Tired And Am 6 Months Clean And Sober Today”
10. “Lost 105 Lbs In 15 Months. First I Quit Drinking. Three Months Later I Changed My Diet (Cut Carbs And Portion Control). Finally, About 12 Months Of Working Out. Change Is Possible No Matter What Your Age Is”
11. “The Progression Of Sobriety. 24 Hours/1 Year. One Day At A Time”
12. “Doesn’t Seem Like Much To Some But 100 Days With No Alcohol. Don’t Let Fear Of Judgement Get In The Way Of A Better Life”
13. “Just Found A Old Picture Of Me On FB. I’m About 9 Months Sober From The Time It Was Taken”
14. “What A Year Of Sobriety And 60 Pounds Lost Looks Like”
15. “A Little Over A Year Ago. I’d Had Most Of A Box Of Wine Earlier In The Day And Then Drank Around 12oz Of Whiskey On Stage (Stand Up Comedy) In Front Of A Crowd. Currently, Almost A Year Sober”
16. “11 Months Sober And Life Has Never Been Better. I’ve Lost 20kg!”
17. “Before And After 307 Days Sober”
18. “I Took The Picture On The Left Almost 17 Months Ago, Outside An Emergency Room, At Sunrise, Something Told Me I Didn’t Want To Forget That Moment. I Forget Easily. I’m Going Public With This Now Simply Because I Need To Advocate For Recovery More”
19. “On The Left – 2009 During A 6 Month Relapse After I Left My Daughter’s Dad And Tried To Convince Myself That Without Him, I Didn’t Have An Addiction. On The Right – 2017 After Celebrating 7 Years Of Sobriety, Dropping The Weight, Accepting My Body, Exploring My Sexuality And Thriving In The Uniqueness That Makes Me, Me”
20. “Quit Drinking One Year Ago This Weekend. 35 Lbs Loss”
Way to go, everyone!