Growing up in the 1990s didn’t make us special. I’m not mad at these “damn kids today” because they don’t know what dial-up is. I’m thrilled for them. It was horrible. Nobody deserves that.
Nevertheless, it hits some sweet, sweet spot in the brain to let memes transport us back to a time in our history that seems to have been curated entirely by that orange Nickelodeon blob guy.
I wonder what he’s up to. I hope he’s found work. Let’s reminisce with some 90’s memes in his honor.
15. I didn’t even have cable, so even this felt like luxury
14. Nobody ever bought these, they just sort of appeared
13. Seeing this meme is how I learned there’s a Rugrats reboot coming
12. The higher the hair the closer to God
11. This was broken 10 minutes in
10. Back when things were “on” at a “certain time”
9. Give your little brother the bad controller
8. I had two sisters and these were scattered everywhere
7. My heart literally just skipped a beat
6. Then DVDs came along and you’d end up returning them because “they had the black bars”
5. I mean, the world was slightly less on fire
4. It’s impossible to explain now why we thought these would be valuable
3. I STILL DON’T KNOW
2. Bottom right still gives me anxiety
1. Who could forget “tent pants”
Well, realizing how long ago all of this happened makes me think I should probably go join AARP.
While I’m gone, tell me in the comments what your favorite distinctly 90’s thing was.