It’s all thanks to a Ukrainian artist named Alexey Kondakov who combines figures from old, classical paintings with current street scenes, mostly from Kiev.
Kondakov started this project back in 2015 and he’s gained quite a following on Instagram, where more than 144,000 people enjoy his work. And we have a feeling that number is going to grow…
Let’s take a look at his work.
1. Getting above the rim.
Hey, wait a second…
2. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this in the subway before.
3. You don’t see that every day.
There’s a naked woman in your car! Again…
4. Looks like a ghost.
Are you looking for a ride?
5. You really shouldn’t be sitting like that out in public.
But, to each their own…
6. What will the neighbors think?!?!
Cover yourself up!
7. Okay, now how do I get out of this train compartment.
He seems a little bit confused.
8. Just sitting out on the steps.
Trying to enjoy the day.
9. All in the family.
The Angel family, that is.
10. All kinds of goods for sale.
Working out of the back of a van.
11. This is the current scene in the bathroom.
Looks a little unsanitary, to be honest.
Do you follow any interesting artists on social media?
If so, please tell us about them in the comments so we can follow them, too.
Thanks a lot! We’d love to hear from you!