I have a confession to make: I’m fascinated by science but I’m totally clueless about it and it takes me forever to actually get facts and theories to sink into my head…

But I still love it!

And today we’re gonna get a whole bunch of awesome information. I know I’m gonna love it even though I’ll have to read it a few times to comprehend it…

AskReddit users shared facts about the human body that you might not know about.

Let’s get smart!

1. Ahhhhhhh!

“X-rays of childrens mouths are nightmare fuel.

The second set of teeth to replace baby teeth are already grown and lodged in their skulls. So you’ll see two rows of teeth and its freaky looking.

They don’t grow in when the old ones fall out, they are already loaded in the chamber waiting to get launched.”

2. What?!?!

“Chickens in the eggs develop a tail and teeth, but those stops growing after some time. Its probably what’s left from the first birds, which had a long tail and teeth.

Scientists think that, with the right timing, you could make it so they dont stop growing and have a “chickenosaur” out of the egg, with small teeth in the beak and a long tail.”

3. Nuts!

“Humans are bioluminescent and glow in the dark, but the light that we emit is 1,000 times weaker than our human eyes are able to pick up.”

4. Did you hear that?

“Some women can feel the exact moment an egg is released from the ovary during ovulation.

Feels like a little pop just on one side.

Pretty neat.”

5. For a reason.

“The reason it’s so easy to break your collar bone is because its designed to break.

The way it was explained to me is that its like a circuit breaker.

It breaks there to stop the shock of impact getting to your spine.”

6. Oh, boy!

“Pineapple contains bromelaine, an enzyme that ingests proteins.

Your meat parts are mostly made of proteins, so when you’re eating pineapple, it’s also eating you.”

7. All you need.

“You don’t need those detox tea or whatever detox products your high school friend and your aunt are selling.

Your liver is all you need.”

8. Wow.

“Alzheimer’s disease isn’t just gradual loss of memory. It physically exists in the brain. It’s a physical plaque substance that attacks the brain.

Like, if you were able to open the skull of a person suffering from Alzheimer’s disease to take a look at their brain, you would actually see this sticky, fibrous, grey physical matter overtaking their brain.”

9. Keep that in mind.

“Every 7 years, every cell in your body will have completely replaced itself. Different cells divide at different rates, however.

You need a new stomach lining weekly and a new skeleton every 7 years.”

10. It’s down there.

“You have a big flab of tissue that hangs down from under your stomach which covers your intestines. I

t’s called the greater omentum, it’s almost always removed in any basic anatomy drawing so most people don’t know it’s existence! It stores quite a bit of fat but it carries out some unusual roles.

In an abdomen infection it sometimes can wrap itself around it, hence giving it the nickname the “policeman of the abdomen.””

11. Painful.

“95% of the sensory fibres in the human ear are used to transmit sound. Until recently, the function of the other 5% of fibres were not known.

We now know that under certain conditions, these remaining fibres can become sensitised, leading to a rare condition known as hyperacusis, where everyday sounds cause the sufferer immense pain.

It is debilitating and often leads to people giving up their careers, relationships and homes, isolating themselves indefinitely in sound-insulated rooms.

Source: I am one of these people.”

12. Interesting…

“When loosing weight, fat isn’t lost through heat, p**p or sweating. Nearly all fat is lost through simple breathing.

If you lose 10kg of fat, precisely 8.4kg comes out through your lungs and the remaining 1.6kg turns into water.”

13. I did not know that!

“Infants are born with approximately 300 bones, but as they grow some of these bones fuse together.

By the time they reach adulthood, they only have 206 bones and teeth are considered part of the skeletal system, but are not counted as bones.”

We want more facts!

In the comments, tell us some more interesting info about the human body.

Thanks a lot!