Here are a few questions for you. When does your feeling of impending doom actually have a high chance of being right, and why might that also be really bad news for you?
What industry paid Harvard scientists to blame cardiovascular disease solely on saturated fat?
Are you trustworthy? Do you cuss a lot?
All this and more in today’s bag of Fact Snacks:
#7. Swearing keeps your filter open.
#6. There’s a bar for after the bar in Amsterdam.
#5. When that feeling of dread is real…
#4. The Nobel champion is in Paris.
#3. Harvard shilled for Big Sugar.
#2. Canada and Denmark have a ‘whiskey war.’
#1. Powdered wigs hid syphilis.
Want more Fact Snacks?
We’ve got a whole book full of them:
Hundreds of your favorites facts, such as:
- Your pupils dilate when you’re looking at someone you love.
- Octopuses are older than dinosaurs.
- Caffeine withdrawal is officially a mental disorder.
- The only breed of dog to be mentioned by name in the Bible is the greyhound.
- Your heart is so powerful that it can squirt blood 30 feet across the room.
- Dr. Seuss’s first book was rejected 27 times.
Buy it now on Amazon:
Or keep digging into more lists like these:
- These 7 F’Awesome Facts Are a Feast for the Eyes
- Gnaw on These 7 Fact Snacks, Then Share Them with Everybody
- Mexico Is Measles-Free (Unlike the U.S.) and 6 Other Random Fact Snacks
- Why Every Chimpanzee Is into Asses & Other Random Facts
- 7 Totally Random Facts That Will Smack You Right in the Brain
- 8 Random Facts About All Kinds of Ridiculous Stuff
- 7 Fact Snacks to Tide You over Until You Share Them at Lunch