We’ve come a long way in the past ten years. It’s hard to keep up with all the technology flying at us. Heck, I’m still trying to figure out the appeal of Twitter.
So, in the spirit of laughing at our ignorant past selves, scroll through these 10 jokes that would have made no sense at all in 2009.
1. We are getting into cars with strangers and asking for rides. In the olden days, this was called hitchhiking and our parents would ground us for doing it.
Uber driver: ……….
Uber driver: …………
Uber driver: ………….
Uber driver: …………….
Uber driver: you have arrived
Me: 5 Stars
— evil (@evilbart24) August 13, 2019
2. Girls roll out of bed in sweatshirts, pull on short shorts and put their hair in a scrunchie to go out for the day. In the olden days, this is how girls got ready for bed.
absolutely not a soul:
vsco girls: pic.twitter.com/q9rAEn4bW8
— ???????????????????? ???????????? ????????????☃️ (@chilloutvic) August 9, 2019
3. We are all wearing cool in-ear speakers. In the olden days, we attached entire stereos to our clothing and got tangled up in the wires.
4. Alexa takes care of us. In the olden days, we had to do our own things.
they don’t stand a chance pic.twitter.com/mEUgf2Bzs9
— sully (@sullycide) January 22, 2019
5. “Millennials have ruined the society we’ve worked so hard to build.” In the olden days: “Millennial babies are so cute. They’re our future.”
Can someone write an article on millenials killing the doorbell industry by texting "here"
— joven (@youngandjoven) June 3, 2019
6. We cannot agree on anything now. ANYTHING. In the olden days, WE WERE PERFECT.
bro the first few weeks of pokémon go was the closest we’ve ever been to world peace
— gharieth (@hmtfu) June 19, 2019
7. We get ready for the day on social media. In the olden days, we got ready for the day in the bathroom. With the door closed.
Absolutely no one:
Not a single soul on this Earth:
Not even their mom:
iNfLuEnCeR: “A lot of you have asked about my skin care routine…”
— Donovan C. (@cxcope) April 16, 2019
8. Our watches are computers. In the olden days, our watches told us what time it was.
Please take your Apple Watch off if you are wearing a dress or formal attire. You look like a spy kid
— lias (@lias__) September 29, 2019
9. We don’t need to see each other to have a relationship. In the olden days, we went on dates. Together.
– Rupi Kaur
— Azeem (@_azeem87) April 6, 2019
10. We spend a la-oht of money on our phones. In the olden days, we counted our money.
Me entering apple store to buy iphone 11 pro max after selling my kidney
— Akeel✨ (@akeelll3) September 27, 2019
Do you feel old now? Or, are you wondering how we crawled out of our mud holes into these modern times? Discuss.